Making amazing and healthy bread is both an art and a science. Bread Boss takes care of the science, freeing your creative spirit and allowing you to spend your time doing what people do best: art!If you want more than a recipe book then Bread Boss is the tool for you. You can build novel recipes from working examples. You can convert your existing recipes and turn them into baker’s formulas (with percentages), allowing you to scale up or down your bread volume to suit your needs at any given time – no more calculations necessary – that’s Bread Boss’ job.
New to bread making? Don’t worry as Bread Boss comes with a set of supplied recipes developed by a master baker. Your home oven could be baking one of our delicious sourdough breads, a Rustic White, Stoneground, Walnut and Cranberry (we call it Walberry), Spelt, Quinoa and Mixed Seed, Hungarian Light Rye, Dark Rye, Olive and Thyme and many more. New recipes are regularly being added to the list.
Bread Boss creates alarms or notifications to remind you when each important task needs to be done, so you don’t need to worry or keep track of time. You can easily shift the alarms forward and back to align with your personal schedule. Once you’ve perfected your recipe, you can photograph the result to save with the recipe and share it with your fellow Bread Bosses.
Bread Boss is the synthesis and culmination of many years of experience in baking and software engineering. Two brothers from different fields working together to create an app that removes the guess work and tedium of traditional bread making. Now, you the real Bread Boss can express your creative passion and create healthy, tasty and beautiful bread.
Bread Boss is the indispensable tool for Bakers, Chefs, Baking Students, and Artisan Bread Makers.
Quick Overview of Features
- Supplied list of recipes
- New recipes added regularly
- Simple scaling of volume and units or by total flour available
- Automatic generation of increase starter stage
- Each recipe can have variations
- Recipes can be defined in bakers percentages
- Recipes can be converted from weights using the weights input method
- Recipes are defined in terms of stages, each stage can have fermentation or process times to influence alarms
- Production stages can be defined to group ingredients and specify how and when they are combined into the recipe
- Recipes have reminder alarms to prompt you to perform the next task in the process
- Alarms can be adjusted forward or back as a whole to easily shift schedules
- Different recipes can have different alarm ringtones
- Multiple photos can be saved with a recipe
- Recipes can be shared with other Bread Boss users
- Refresh starter calculator
- Screen lock while viewing recipe
- Notes and URL links can be set with recipe stages
- Support website where you can get information and help with all things sourdough bread, baking and Bread Boss related.
Bread Boss Supplied Recipes
- 2 Seeded 2 Grain Rye
- Bratislava Mixed Rye
- Classic Mixed Grain
- Dark Rye
- Fig Apricot Raisin and Walnut
- Freshly Milled Stoneground
- German Stollen
- Hungarian Light Rye
- Northern European Dark Rye
- Olive and Thyme
- Pine Nut and Mixed Seed
- Pumpkin and Ginger
- Quinoa and Mixed Seed
- Rustic White
- Spelt Mixed Grain
- Walberry (Walnuts and Cranberry)
- Walberry Rye